Orange, Pistachio & Cardamom cake
- Line the baking sheet with baking paper and preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Wash and cut cauliflower head into bite sized pieces/florets.
- Mix all the ingredients besides the panko breadcrumbs, desiccated coconut and olive oil into a mixing bowl.
- Mix panko crumbs and coconut in a separate bowl.
- Dip each floret into the mixture and coat evenly. Tap off the excess a couple of times on the side of the bowl, before rolling in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Lay florets in an even layer on the baking paper lined baking sheet without overcrowding.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown, flipping the florets over half way through to get all sides golden brown and crispy.
- Heat tortillas, and assemble by adding a layer of sour cream, followed by the cauliflower, avocado, lettuce, pickled onion and a squeeze of fresh lime. Serve immediately!
This recipe uses Unsweetened Almond Breeze
For the cauliflower:
1 head of cauliflower
1/2 cup Almond Breeze®
1/2 cup water
3/4 cups plain flour
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp of paprika
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 tbsp lime juice
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
2 tbsp olive oil
Sour cream, greek yoghurt or plant-based alternative