Vegan Creamy Super Greens Soup
- Heat a large soup pot on medium high, and drizzle in about 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Add onion, carrot, celery and leek, and sautée for around 5 minutes, until softened and fragrant.
- Add in garlic, 1.5 tins butterbeans and a pinch of salt and pepper, and cook for another minute or two.
- Pour in vegetable stock, almond milk and sprigs of thyme, stir well and cover with lid. Turn down to medium low, and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- While this simmers, heat some olive oil in a small pan on medium high. Add sliced shallots and reserved butterbeans and fry until crispy and golden. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Once the soup is slightly reduced, remove thyme stalks and add in the frozen peas, kale and spinach. Cook for 2 minutes until the peas and kale are softened and the spinach is wilted.
- Carefully add the soup to a blender, and blend on high until silky smooth. Pour back into pot, and gently simmer. Check seasoning and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve with a drizzle of coconut cream or yoghurt, and top with the crispy shallots, butterbeans, flaked salt and chilli flakes.
This recipe uses Almond Breeze® Unsweetened
250ml Almond Breeze Unsweetened
1 onion, diced
1 shallot, sliced
2 carrots, peeled and diced
1 leek, chopped
3 stalks celery, chopped
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tins butter beans, drained and rinsed, half of one tin reserved
1 cup frozen peas
2 cups spinach
1 cup kale, washed and roughly chopped
3-4 sprigs of fresh thyme
500ml vegetable stock
salt and pepper
chilli flakes (optional)